MAX EBERLE - BILLIARDS BIO
Max Eberle has been featured across multiple mainstream television channels, major newspapers, and authority websites.
Max Eberle is a Dover, Ohio born professional pool player, instructor, author, and artist, currently residing in Las Vegas, Nevada. Max is the 2013 Derby City Classic 14.1 Champion and twice a Bronze Medalist at the World 14.1 Tournament, 2014 & 2006. He is a 4 time West Coast 9-Ball Champion and 3-Time National 8-Ball Champion (1991 Junior Champ and 93 & 94 National Collegiate Champ).
At the 2013 Derby City Classic 14.1 Division on the 10-Foot (Bigfoot) Tables at the Horseshoe Casino outside of Louisville, KY, Max consecutively defeated three world champions (Alex Pagulayan, Niels Feijen & Dennis Orcullo) and a world class field of 48 world champions and top ranked pros to win the coveted title.
Max Eberle just after defeating world champion Dennis Orcullo in the finals 100-54 to win the 2013 Derby City Classic 14.1 Bigfoot (10-Foot Tables) Challenge.
Pool Career Highlights:
- 2013 World Derby City 10-Foot Table 14.1 Champion
- 2012 Tunica Diamond 10-Foot Table Bigfoot Pay Or Play 14.1 Champion
- 2012 Tunica Diamond 10-Foot Table Bigfoot Pay Or Play Banks Champion
- 2008 "Best In The West" Pro Invitational 9-Ball Champion
- 2014 & 2006 World 14.1 Tournament Bronze Medalist
- 3-time West Coast 9-ball Champion
- 2003 & 2004 Held a top five UPA Tour pro ranking through both years end
- 2003 was voted "UPA Tour Sportsman of the Year, as an outstanding role model to all professional players"
- 1993 & 1994 National Collegiate 8-ball Champion
- 1991 BCA Junior National 8-Ball Champion (15-18 year old division)
- High run of 196 in straight pool in 2006
- 10 consecutive break and runs of 9-ball on a regulation 9-foot table in 1996
- 23 ball run in one pocket in 2014
- Sponsored by Pechauer Custom Cues 2009-present
Extended Career Highlights...
- Author of bestselling book ZEN POOL
- Producer of multiple instructional DVD's
- Founder of Pro Pool Academy (propoolacademy.com)
- Has defeated 16 World Champions
- Number 3 ranking on the Billiards Digest Power Index Ranking during 2003
- Has been ranked in the top 25 internationally WPA.
- Voted by the Billiard Industry as the “2003 UPA Sportsman of the Year,” as an outstanding role model to all professional players.
- Former founding board member of the UPA, designer of the UPA logo, author of the UPA Mission Statement, and head of the UPA rules committee.
- Winner of hundreds of 8 and 9-Ball tournaments.
- Instructional columnist for Inside Pool Magazine and azbilliards.com.
- 2006 Selected to play on the International Pool Tour (IPT)
- Winner of 7 Major Pro-Am titles in 2010 alone. ...2008 Best of the West Pro Champion. 1st place at the Pechauer West Coast Championships at Hard Times in Bellflower Jan 2005, 1st place at Shooters Labor Day Championship Sept. 2004, Winner of total offense pool 2003, Runner-up at 2003 Derby City Classic 9-Ball, winner at Hard Times Winter Jamboree December 2002
- Match play appearances on ESPN, ESPN2, Japan TV, Philippine live TV, Taiwan TV, and international live TV match appearance during the 2004 World Pool Championships
- Founding board member of the UPA Tour, designer of the UPA Logo, author of the UPA Mission Statement, author of UPA Rule book
- Experienced Trick Shot Performer, having done over 25 shows at US military bases throughout Europe and several TV and movie jobs.
- Expert/Color Commentator for pro and amateur matches for InsidePool.TV, TAR (Theactionreport.com), The Bigtruck Show, worldpool.com, and Accu-Stats
- Ringside announcer for several pro events
- Private Instructor to Hollywood celebrities and producers ie: Joe Rogan & Peter Guber
- 19th place finish at the 2005 World Artistic Pool Championships.
- Featured on: Spike (Manswers), Style Network, NBC News, Dead Stroke: Pro Pool in America (documentary), Accu-Stats Video Productions, WorldPool.com, Billiards Digest, Pool & Billiard Magazine, National Billiard News, BilliardClub.net.
- Film / TV consultant/actor: Hanes Commercial with Michael Jordan and Matthew Perry, NBC Law and Order, Fronterz (feature film), Playboy Channel.
- Former House Pro at Hollywood Billiards in Hollywood, CA, the 2002 number 1 voted pool hall in the world by Billiards Digest.
- Volunteer at Boys and Girls Club of America and Sunrise Retirement Home.
- BS in Geography, Class of 1994, James Madison University
- Washington-Lee High School, Class of 1990
- Corcoran School of Art, Washington DC.
Max is a sought after private instructor and film/television pool performer, with students including celebrities and pool players of all ages and skill levels. Max travels the world competing, entertaining, and teaching.
First Name and Primary Email
To Claim Your Access To Max Eberle's FREE 8-Day Pool Mastery Video Boot Camp, Delivered Instantly To Your Email Inbox...
Fill out the form below and you'll immediately receive this training to get your pool game up to speed fast!
Max with a powerful lesson on how to draw the cue ball!
InsidePool.TV Coverage of the 2013 Derby City 14.1 Bigfoot Challenge
Quarter Finals Max VS Alex Pagulayan
Semi Finals Max VS Niels Feijen Part 1
Semi Finals Max VS Niels Feijen Part 2
Finals Max VS Dennis Orcullo
2011 ESPN MATCH... "MAD MAX IN MANILA"
FRANCISCO "DJANGO" BUSTAMANTE VS. MAX EBERLE
Max Eberle the Artist
An artist since the tender age of four, Max officially entered the fine art world in 2000 in a group show, “Good & Evil” at Khoja Gallery in Arlington, Virginia. Since then he has had several solo shows from The Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, D.C. to the hip night clubs of Hollywood, California, where he has been commissioned to create giant paintings for the Vanguard nightclub. He has sold original paintings, limited edition prints, and t-shirts featuring his work.
Career Art Showings
- 2014 through July, Solo show at Naturally Organic Las Vegas, NV
- 2013 Invited to Artwork For The Cure to auction a piece in October.
- 2009 Completed 4 major commissioned paintings for Vanguard LA
- Oct. 2005 – The Vanguard, Hollywood, CA.
- Sept 2004 – Cinespace, Hollywood, CA.
- Fall 2003 – Hollywood, CA., Hollywood Billiards
- October 2002 – West Hollywood, CA., Cyrano
- March 2002 – Washington, D.C., Capital City Classic Pro Pool Tournament
- July 2001 – Washington, D.C., Affinity Lab
- February 2001 – Washington, D.C., Window of Olsson’s Book Store downtown
- January 2001 – Washington, D.C., Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts
- May 2000 – Arlington, V.A., Khoja Gallery