Name: Mr. Max Eberle
Nickname: “Mad Max”
Nationality: American (USA)
World Champion: World 10 Foot Table 14.1 Champion 2013 (Derby City Classic 14.1 Challenge)
Pro Champion: Unbeaten in round robin, the Hard Times “Best In The West” 9-Ball Pro Invitational 9-Ball 2008
2-Time National Collegiate Champion: Back to Back ACU-I National Collegiate 8-Ball 1993 & 1994.
Junior National Champion: BCA Junior National 8-Ball Champion 1991 (15-18 year old division)
33 Years in pool, winner of hundreds of titles across the world.
Max has defeated 16 World Champions, many on several occasions.
Specialty Games: 8-Ball, 9-Ball, 10-Ball, 14.1 Straight Pool, 15-Ball Rotation, Banks, 10-Foot Tables,
Outstanding Abilities: Cue Ball Control, Shot-making, Break shot, One Handed Jacked Up Pool Playing.
Exhibitions: 1997 & 1999 D.O.D. Overseas Mad Max Pocket Billiard Shows at US Military Bases all over Europe.
Coach/Instructor: Celebrities and hundreds of thousands of players across the world. Founder of ProPoolAcademy.com, Producer of Powerful Pool DVD Set, Author of bestselling book Zen Pool, Awaken The Master Within
Civil Status: Single, no kids. 2 brothers, 2 sisters and extended family across the USA.
In 14.1 Straight Pool, Max Eberle is the reigning “World 10-Foot Table 14.1 Champion” (aka The 2013 Derby City Classic 14.1 Challenge Champion) and twice a Bronze Medalist at the World 14.1 Tournament, 2006 & 2014 with half a dozen or so top 16 finishes in the same World 14.1 Tournament.
At the 2013 Derby City Classic 14.1 Challenge on the 10-Foot Diamond “Bigfoot” Tables at the Horseshoe Casino outside of Louisville, KY, Max consecutively defeated three WPA World Champions (Alex Pagulayan, Niels Feijen & Dennis Orcullo) …in a field with 22 World Champions and 26 other top ranked pros, to win the coveted title and one of the biggest 14.1 events of the last 60 years.
In 9-Ball Max Eberle is the 2002 Hard Times Winter Jamboree 9-Ball Champion, The 2008 “Best of the West” Pro 9-Ball Invitational Champion, a 4 time West Coast 9-Ball Champion, the 1996 Dusseldorf, Germany 9-Ball Champion, the 1994 Richmond Virginia 9-Ball Champion, with hundreds of first place finishes in local and regional 9-Ball events in 45 states across the USA.
In 8-Ball Max is a 3-Time National 8-Ball Champion (1991 BCA Junior National Champion 15-18 year old division and the 1993 & 1994 ACUI (Association of College Unions International) National Collegiate Champion]. Max also has hundreds of first place finishes in 8-Ball tourneys all across the USA.
Max Eberle is a sought after private instructor and film & television pool performer/consultant, with students including celebrities and pool players of all ages and skill levels. Max travels the world competing, entertaining, and teaching. When at home you can find him making art and going to art shows and music festivals.
Max Eberle’s Pool Career Highlights:
- 2014-present Sponsored by Meucci Custom Cues
- 2018 3 Time Las Vegas “Branson” Champion
- 2017 5th place, US Open 10-Ball Championships
- 2015 & 2017 Represented USA in the Chinese World 8-Ball Championships.
- 2013 World Champion. (Derby City Classic 10-Foot Table 14.1 Challenge Champion)
- 2012 Tunica Diamond 10-Foot Table Bigfoot Pay Or Play 14.1 Champion
- 2012 Tunica Diamond 10-Foot Table Bigfoot Pay Or Play Banks Champion
- 2008 “Best In The West” Pro Invitational 9-Ball Champion
- 2014 & 2006 World 14.1 Tournament Bronze Medalist
- 3-time West Coast 9-ball Champion
- 2003 & 2004 Held a top five UPA Tour pro ranking through both years end
- 2003 & 2004 Top 5 USA Mosconi Cup Points Ranking
- 2003 was voted “UPA Tour Sportsman of the Year, as an outstanding role model to all professional players”
- 1993 & 1994 National Collegiate 8-ball Champion
- 1991 BCA Junior National 8-Ball Champion (15-18 year old division)
- High run of 196 in straight pool in 2006
- 10 consecutive break and runs of 9-ball on a regulation 9-foot table in 1996
- 23 ball run in one pocket in 2014
- Sponsored by Pechauer Custom Cues 2009-2012
- Creator of Max Eberle’s GBD Giant Billiard Dome
Extended Pocket Billiards Career Highlights…
- Author of bestselling book ZEN POOL
- Producer of multiple instructional DVD’s
- Founder of Pro Pool Academy (propoolacademy.com)
- Has defeated 16 World Champions, some on several occasions & dozens of world ranked american and international pros.
- Number 3 world ranking on the Billiards Digest Power Index Ranking during 2003
- Top 5 Mosconi Cup USA Ranking 2 years in a row 2003 & 2004 (wild card Earl Strickland made the team)
- Has been ranked in the top 17 in 9-Ball and to 3 in 8-Ball internationally by the WPA.
- Voted by the Billiard Industry as the “2003 UPA Sportsman of the Year,” as an outstanding role model to all professional pool players.
- Former founding board member of the UPA, designer of the UPA logo, author of the UPA Mission Statement, and head of the UPA rules committee.
- Winner of hundreds of 8 and 9-Ball tournaments.
- Instructional columnist for Inside Pool Magazine and azbilliards dot com.
- 2006 Selected to play on the International Pool Tour (IPT)
- Winner of 7 Major Pro-Am titles in 2010 alone. …2008 Best of the West Pro Champion. 1st place at the Pechauer West Coast Championships at Hard Times in Bellflower Jan 2005, 1st place at Shooters Labor Day Championship Sept. 2004, Winner of total offense pool 2003, Runner-up at 2003 Derby City Classic 9-Ball, winner at Hard Times Winter Jamboree December 2002
- Match play appearances on ESPN, ESPN2, Japan TV, Philippine live TV, Taiwan TV, and international live TV match appearance during the 2004 World Pool Championships
- Founding board member of the UPA Tour, designer of the UPA Logo, buy steroids valium author of the UPA Mission Statement, author of UPA Rule book
- Experienced Trick Shot Performer, having done over 25 shows at US military bases throughout Europe and several TV and movie jobs.
- Expert/Color Commentator for pro and amateur matches for InsidePool dot TV, TAR (Theactionreport dotcom), The Bigtruck Show, worldpool dot com, and Accu-Stats
- Ringside announcer for several pro events
- Private Instructor to Hollywood celebrities and producers ie: Joe Rogan & Peter Guber
- 19th place finish at the 2005 World Artistic Pool Championships.
- Featured on: Spike (Manswers), Style Network, NBC News, Dead Stroke: Pro Pool in America (documentary), Accu-Stats Video Productions, WorldPool com, Billiards Digest, Pool & Billiard Magazine, National Billiard News, BilliardClub.net.
- Film / TV consultant/actor: Hanes Commercial with Michael Jordan and Matthew Perry, NBC Law and Order, Fronterz (feature film), Playboy Channel.
- Former House Pro at Hollywood Billiards in Hollywood, CA, the 2002 number 1 voted pool hall in the world by Billiards Digest.
- Volunteer at Boys and Girls Club of America and Sunrise Retirement Home.
- BS in Geography, Class of 1994, James Madison University
- Washington-Lee High School, Class of 1990
- Corcoran School of Art, Washington DC.
Max Eberle right after winning the 2013 Derby City Classic 14.1 Bigfoot Challenge,
a.k.a. the World 10 Foot Table 14.1 Championship